Capturing the Energy’s growing collection of industry-related archive material, spanning 40 years, are held at the University of Aberdeen in the Oil & Gas Archive.
The collections can be used for a number of research areas, including, but not limited to:
- Economic, business and accounting history;
- Engineering developments and technological advances;
- Cultural changes in the industry;
- Regulatory regimes and government involvement in the industry; and
- Social impact of the industry on communities in Scotland.
The collections have also been used as the inspiration for exhibitions and artworks.
Please contact us if you would like to explore research opportunities using the collections.
Other sources for researching the industry
Other resources for researching the industry are held by a number of organisations outside the Oil & Gas Archive. There are also a range of online resources that may be of use to researchers interested in the industry. See our list of books and articles for printed material on the history of the industry.